Photo: Fabienne Suter and her beautiful dog admiring their Spectra 2.0 32″!
We’re officially in Vail!
We took some time away from our busy schedules at the Victorinox Vail Pop-up to catch up with Fabienne Suter of the Swiss Ski Team and ask her some questions about her stay in Vail; her favorite things to do while in town; and her experience thus far at the 2015 FIS Alpine Ski World Championship.
Read below to find out what Fabienne enjoys doing on her spare time in Vail!
1. Is this your first visit to Vail?
– No, we often have training sessions here in Vail during November and I also did several races here already.
2. What are some of your favorite things to do while in Vail – and what are you most looking forward to doing during your stay in Vail?
– While here I’m mostly up the hills for training sessions. The conditions here are excellent and I am always very excited to do pre-season preparations here in Colorado. I also like the nice ambience, the hotels and the heart of Beaver Creek with its ice skating field in the center. There are as well cute little restaurants and shops. The race track in Beaver Creek is just breath taking. It is kind of a challenge for us women, I therefore think that the races are going to be great!
3. What do you enjoy most about competitive skiing? What has been your favorite career moment?
– I was always fascinated by the snow, nature and the winter atmosphere. These points mixed with the feeling of a perfect curve in the snow creates a brilliant feeling. Favorite career moments were my 4 world cup wins in Sestriere, Bormio, Bansko and Bad Kleinkirchheim.
4. What are some of the biggest differences between skiing in Vail and the top ski towns in Switzerland?
– The available space in Switzerland is quite small compared to Vail. The tracks are well prepared here in Vail and you have so much space for your own.
5. What is your favorite thing about Switzerland most people would not know about?
– I do appreciate the tidiness in Switzerland and the good food. You get almost everything you are looking for! Delicious chocolate, cheese, sausages and meat in the best quality.
Congratulations to Fabienne for her amazing performance during the trial runs at the 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championship. Of her performance, she stated to the Vail Daily:
“You have to be on the line and you have to attack. You have to find a good mix between these two things…It’s not an easy course. To win here or get a medal you have to be … how do you say in English? Fearless.”
Fearless is right!
If you’re in Vail, don’t forget to stop by 30 East Meadow Drive next to the Sonnenalp Hotel, and join in on the fun at the #VxVailPopup.